The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

"Yes we can"

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyMer Nov 05, 2008 12:04 pm

Today Barack Obama, democratic candidate, became the 44th president of the United States of America, and the first African American president...

I do feel very moved. I think something big happened, and it's just the beginning. I'm glad to be able to watch this happening... Martin Luther King, 40 years ago, said "I have a dream". Does this mean, even with the crisis, wars, global warming, we can still believe things can change and get better?

How do you feel about this election?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Sargas
Ink Star
Sargas

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyMer Nov 05, 2008 12:36 pm

Hope is still allowed. It makes me think that we can change too.
Because, it's something to say that Bush was a fuckin dickhead, that americans were too stupid to vote twice for him. But finally, we've been stupid enought to have our own Bush.
This historical election makes me feel a little less sad. That's all.
It feels my heart with hope. Really. I do believe that it will inspire a lot of people around the world, that they will finally believe that there's still something to do, to make a better world.
I know I make you all smile by saying this, but that's the way I think. This are my beliefs.
http://bizarrecemonde.blogg.org/
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyMer Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm

I totally agree. This is the sign we were waiting for, the confirmation that there is a worldwide will to change things and to do better. And also I do not agree with most of McCain's program, I do salute his speech where he asks all the Americans to unite behind Barak Obama, because beyond their differencues, they are all American. And the new president will need everybody to move this massive country.
Altaïr
Ink Star
Altaïr

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 11:23 am

Well, i listened some people saying that except the symbol of a black president, it won't change anything, as he didn't pronounce himself against things like private guns, death sentence, and that he won't be able to stop the great machine of war, and that he is still religious like the others. I would like to hear one day an american president not saying 'god bless america', it's so... primitive !

BUT i really do think that it's a great symbol against racism and intolerance (particularly in such a country !), and that McCaïn would have made the same job that Bush did. So... i hope Obama will [tenir le cap] and, as Sargas said, that it will inspire a lot of countries in the world (us for example, i want to see UMP lose... Sad ).
I hope too that there won't be a syrian war, nor a iranian war. I hope Cuba will be able to come back into the world, and that the americans will stop to destroy the planet. Please !
http://arthurvauthier.com/
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Altaïr, I don't think that having a American president saying "God bless America" is really primitive. If they are christian, and want to express it, I don't see how that is primitive. True, most of the American people are religious. But how does that mean anything in politics?
Altaïr
Ink Star
Altaïr

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm

I think it's primitive to put politic and religious together. Actions and beliefs do not refer to the same nature. American people can be religious and proud of it, but i don't think it's the rule of a president to express it. If Sarkozy have said 'god save France', i would'nt recognise myself at all as a non-believer.
http://arthurvauthier.com/
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm

It's different, French agreed on secularism (laïcité) so it would be really primitive and backward for a French president to say something like that. And Sarkozy actullay did tell stuff like that...

I do think that not having Palin as a vice president is a big thing. And I think French people should stop being pessimistic: an African American became president of the USA!! He is still a politician.... But let's hope he is going to do less damage than Bush did Wink (which is not difficult, if we consider the two wars and crisis going on...)
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 8:57 pm

True, it's the French secularism (I love that word ^^ ) that makes it hard for us to understand how USA deal with religions.
By the way, does anybody know who the hell is Obama's vice-president?
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" EmptyJeu Nov 06, 2008 9:06 pm

A man, economist or someone dealing with international relation, from Clinton administration... I don't really know ^^
Contenu sponsorisé

"Yes we can" Empty
MessageSujet: Re: "Yes we can"   "Yes we can" Empty

"Yes we can"
Page 1 sur 1