The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please...

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please... Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please...   Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please... EmptyLun Oct 06, 2008 11:03 pm

Monday, October 6th 2008
in Glasgow

Mr Peel. Editor in chief.
Come on, Charlie. He's just an ordinary man. He is made of flesh and bones, and he is not going to eat you. Pull yourself together, woman! I raise my fist and knock on the door. Three times. Knock knock knock.
"Come in."
I open the door and enter in the almighty office. Mr Peel is reading a page, probably the editorial for the next issue. I stand there, for some reason feeling like a primary school pupil in the director's office. My boss looks at me and waves at the chair in front of him.
"Good morning, Miss Collomb. What can I do for you on this lovely monday?"
Haha. He sounds so well-mannered like that. But I know he can be so much more harsh and insensitive. Not because of how he behaves with me but more because I've done my own research before coming in this job, and that I still keep an eye out. It's important to know how your boss works. Mine likes people work hard, and stay discreet. Exactly me.
"Well, Mr Peel, I'd like to discuss with you the possibility of taking some days off in the next couple of weeks."
He sits back in his chair. Geez, I don't like doing this. Steve, your friend Franck sucks!
"Ah. How many days are we talking about, Miss Collomb?"
"Fourteen, sir."
"Ah."
He didn't say no. This is at least slightly encouraging.
"And what about your work?"
"This week's page is finished and my team works well. We will have finished the page for next week. And I'm ready to change my hours and stay longer to make sure all is settled before I go."
"And what about your team while you're away, if you go?"
"Sir, I know that Cameron Stuart has got a lot of events to cover. He has been working in my team for years, and although I know he can perfectly pull this thing up with his team, I'm sure he will be able to use the talents he's been working with at the best of their abilities. And it will be good for them as well, for it will give them some experience in a different part of the paper."
Mr Peel smiles.
"Miss Collomb, do you know how Bob calls you?"
What?
"Sir, no, I don't."
"He calls you, Miss Point."
I must certainly look confused, because he gets up and starts walking in front of the window before he explains the joke.
"Yes, he says that when you argument, it is impossible for you to miss the point."
Huh? I'm so confused, and it must be easy to see it on my face. My boss starts laughing and then sits down, back behind his desk.
"You've got your point, Miss Collomb. Take your two weeks holidays, you deserve them. But I want the next three pages ready."
"With the pictures as well, sir?"
"Mmm, well, if you don't have time for the pictures of the third week, I suppose we'll have to have it that way..."
"Thank you, sir."
"Enjoy your holidays."
"Goodbye, sir."
I close the door behind me, and sight. Done!!!!!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please... Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please...   Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please... EmptyMar Oct 07, 2008 7:14 pm

This is great!!! The mister Peel guy, the nickname, the argumentation... and moreover, the holidays to come! I liked that fragment, funny and lively.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #50 - Mr Peel, I want my holidays, please...
Page 1 sur 1