The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron   Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron EmptyVen Aoû 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Friday, August 29th 2008
in Glasgow

I finally log off the computer. I turn to Camie, all sun-tanned from his holidays in Greece with Sara. He's smiling. Bless... I think he's really happy. Good for him. He so deserves it.
"Hey Camie, what's on for you tonight?"
"Oh, nothing much really... Probably eat the nice dinner that Sara cooked and watch a bit of telly..."
"It's nice to have someone at home, isn't it?"
"Yes, definitively. Especially Sara... She's so... patient and understanding. Sometimes, I feel a bit bad, leaving her to do the cooking and everything."
"Well, surprise her, then. Go home early one night, cook for the both of you, like a nice and romantic candlelight dinner."
"Do you think she'll like it?"
"Cameron. I'm not that an expert in love or in girls, but I know that when the guy we love is making efforts for us, it touches us, deep!"
"Well... Cheers, Charlie, anyway. I might do that. It actually sounds quite nice, I mean, even for me, who will then need to cook."
He suddenly looks a bit lost. Well, he'll have to learn. We all do mistakes in the learning of how to please best our other half, that's the way to love.
I grab my bag, keys and the folder in which is the next big subject of our page that I want to get approved before going home.
"See you monday, Camie, enjoy your weekend."
"You too, Charlie. Say hi to Steve for me."
"Will do. Bye."
I walk through the lobby, and reach Bob's office. A knock on the door.

"Come in."
"Hi, Bob, It's me." I close the door behind me. "I wanted you to have a look on this, please."
I put the folder on the desk. Bob reads it quite quickly, and then looks at me.
"That looks perfectly fine. Why did you bother coming all the way here? Why didn't you send Cameron?"
"Because I also enjoy talking to you, Bob..."
He gives that "Stop your cinema and tell me the truth" kind of look. I sight.
"I'm just wondering if it will not be fairer to Cameron to give him so kind of promotion..."
"A promotion?" Of what kind?"
"I don't know. What kind can you offer him?"
We stay like that for a couple of minute, looking at each other. After awhile, he looks back at the page in front of him. It's an article written by Cameron. One of the best I've ever read. The one that made me think of that promotion.
"I'll think about it, and talk to the boss."
I feel like jumping around.
"Thank you! Than you so much, Bob. You won't regret it, I promess." I feel exessively proud of myself, without reason. But I'm real happy for Cameron, and that's the way I'm going home!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Polaris
Ink Star
Polaris

Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron   Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron EmptySam Aoû 30, 2008 7:42 am

I know the feeling of pride. When I got handed an article for a magazine I was editing... a while ago, I saw just how good this person was and it made me feel proud that I had him on my staff. And to this day I'm still proud of the man as he has gone on to bigger and better things.
I also liked the little insight into Charlie and how she thinks with her admission about how we live and learn.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.piratepress.co.uk

Fragment #39 - Dear Cameron
Page 1 sur 1