The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner   Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner EmptyVen Sep 26, 2008 11:28 am

Thursday, September 24th 2008
in Glasgow

Today is Camie's birthday. I've called Sara earlier on, and she said they had nothing planned, so, from somewhere, I said "well, come to my place, we'll have a dinner!" So, here it is, I have to go shopping and then come home and cook for my little Cameron...
What am I going to cook? I'm not a great cook, but not a bad one either. I just lack time, passion and practice. Although, occasionnally, I will just feel an impulse and out of nowhere start a whole meal of grande cuisine... Paul jokes about it, and calls the French outbreak. His theory is that this impulse comes from my subconscient and is a reaction to too much britishness... Nonsense!!
Anyway, I need to decide what I am going to prepare. Which is never an easy task. I am walking in the alleys of the supermarket... I know, A nice roasted chicken with some herbs, and a nice ratatouille, made with my French granny's receipe. Hummmm. As a starter, a salad maybe, tomatoes and lettuce, and maybe a bit of crab. And as a dessert... Let me see, what was the last time...? Oh, yes, crêpes. But I can't do that today. First, because the pastry need to be made at least a day in advance, and also because it's far too filling. No, something a bit more simple... Chocolate cake! The one that you don't have to serve, you can eat it in the dish! Here we go, perfect!
Ok, shopping now!

While I am filling up my trolley, I give a call to Steve.
"Hi, sweetie."
"Hi Steve."
"You alright."
"Yeah and you? You home?"
"Er, I'm good, I'm not there yet, but on my way."
"Ok. Listen, it's Camie's birthday today..."
"Yeah, I know, I had him on the phone earlier today. He sounds like he is really enjoying his new job!"
"I bet, he deserves it so much! But, listen, I talked to Sara and they were not doing anything special, so I invited them for dinner... Is that ok with you? I know I should have asked you before, but it was in the heat of the moment..."
"It's cool Charlie. No problem, I'll be happy to see them again."
"Oh, well, great then."
"Are we ordering something or do you want me to cook something?"
"Er, no, I'm cooking..."
"Oh." Silence. "I see."
I laugh.
"What? You don't think me able to cook?"
He laughs too.
"It's not the ability I'm worried about, it's the result."
"Hey, you, are you saying that I'm not a good cook?"
"Well...you said it!!"
We laugh.
"When will you be home?"
"I don't know, in about half an hour maybe, I'mjust finishing shopping for dinner."
"And what's on then?"
"It's a surprise!"
"Well, I'm home now, so unless you go and cook somewhere else, I will know soon enough... Do you need me to do anything?"
I take my time to answer, choosing careful the wine.
"Well, you could turn the oven on, and start setting the table..."
"Done, my love. Anything else, captain?"
"Yes. In my bedside table, there is a letter for you. Read it. But we won't talk about it tonight... I just want you to read it, ok?"
"Er, ok, Charlie. See you in a little bit."
"Love you Steve."
I hang up, and keep smiling all the way home.

I reach the 2nd floor, and desperately knock on the door. My arms are really hurting. Steve eventually opens the door, and grabs a couple of bags.
"Did you invite somebody else, or is that just for us?"
"Well, I thought that if I cooked today, I could all the same cook tomorrow, so I bought some stuff for that as well..."
"Jamie Oliver, get out of this body!!"
We start laughing. He points at the dinner table.
"See, all your orders have been executated." He comes closer and wraps his arms around me. "All of them." He kisses me, and whispers: "I know you said we won't talk about it tonight. But I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate what you did. Thank you, for your trust."
I kiss him and give him a big hug. We stay like that a little while, and then I push him away with a smile.
"Now, let the cook start working! If you want to make yourself useful, put some music on, and serve us some wine, to get us started!"
He winks at me, and go to the CD player.

Dernière édition par Alhena le Sam Sep 27, 2008 10:53 am, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner   Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner EmptyVen Sep 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Nice insight in Charlie and Steve's relationship. Very lively and concrete. I liked to know both about their everyday life and the bigger picture of where the relationship is going, with steps, the way they trust each other and communicate... Well done.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #43 - Cameron's dinner
Page 1 sur 1