The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #1 - I do look argentinian

AuteurMessage
Chara
Black Hole
Chara

Fragment #1 - I do look argentinian Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #1 - I do look argentinian   Fragment #1 - I do look argentinian EmptyLun Avr 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Wednesday 8th august 2007
in London

I open the blinds expecting another depressing day but this time the sun manages to surprise me. I’m still tired from the night before, so roll over falling asleep again.
It’s 11 am and my neighbour’s doors wakes me up. He has that annoying habit of slamming doors. My body weights like an elephant. Slowly manage to put a leg out of the bed followed by the other. Once more, check on the time and somehow my mobile might have tricked me; it is 12.30 pm. I have less than half and hour to run to Lucia’s BBQ. Put on jeans shorts and a singlet and head out.
Lucia lives two stations from me in Baron’s Court. I text her and let her know that I might be coming late. I don’t remember whether she wanted me to bring anything or not, but in a rush, decide to go straight to hers.
District Line, thanks God, is working properly. Within 5 minutes I am at Baron’s Court sprinting through the cemetery. I stop in a flower’s roundabout. There are two ways to choose from. I keep going by instinct and find the council states that take me to her building.
Lucia opens the door and shows me her flat around. Big spaces for an apartment in London, I think. A few people that I have never met before are sitting in the garden. Lucia introduces me. I put my concentration face, twisting my eyebrows and sucking in my cheeks, but still fail to remember any name.
I grab a glass and pour myself some Pims. Sit by the boys and the typical conversation comes up. “Where do you know Lu from?” “Where are you from?” “How long have you been in England” “But you don’t look Latin-American”. They get on my nerves. Yes, I do look Latin-American, and I do look Argentinean. Fair skin and light hair are part of my culture. Fair enough if they want to know what I’m doing over here or who my friends are, but don’t question my nationality.
I leave the table and go to Lucia to offer some help.
“No, it’s ok. I rather you stayed with the boy.” She winks. I wish I could tell her that her friends suck, but I shut up and smile back.
I give the boys a second chance but this one is even worst. One of them asks me.
“Is it because you are hot that are wearing such a little cloth?”
That’s it, I don’t even bother answering. Look at the sky and clouds are on their way. Stops in the kitchen, give a kiss to Lucia and leave the flat.
I stand in the front door, breathe deeply and decide that no matters what kids are banned from my love life.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #1 - I do look argentinian
Page 1 sur 1