The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining.

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining. Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining.   Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining. EmptyVen Nov 14, 2008 11:27 am

Friday, November 14th 2008
in Glasgow

Three knocks on the door and Daniel opens to let Mr Dembelé in. I almost forgot about him, this week being so hectic. I get up, smile and shake his hand.
“Good morning, sir.”
“Good morning, miss. I’m here with good news.”
I show him the seat in front of me.
“Really? What good news?”
“The murderer of M. Abou was arrested yesterday, in Casamance. You’re cleared of all charges, if there was any, and I was asked to give you this.”
He takes a file out of his bag and puts it delicately on the table between us. I look at the blue paper. Do I really want to see what’s in there?
“It’s yours now. The investigation is closed, the culprit found. He gave us the names of his associates. I do hope, and so does the Ambassador in London, that this unpleasant affair will not stop you from coming back to our beautiful country… ”
I smile and shake my head.
“No, of course not. I really liked Dakar and I hope I could soon come back to see more of Senegal.”
“Well, I’m very pleased to hear it.” He stands up, and gets an envelope out of his case. “Would you mind giving this to your father, please?”
I look at him, puzzled.
“Don’t worry, miss, your father is an old friend of the Ambassador, and this is an invitation for a party in London in two days. You can come too if it takes your fancy.” He stares at me from toes to face. He has got a curious look in his eyes. “Maybe I’ll have the pleasure to see you there, again…”
I don’t answer, merely because I didn’t expect that and that I don’t know what to say. I get up as well, and stretch my hand out. That short time let me find something.
“We will see, sir, I might not have the time, and my fiancé might come with me anyway.”
He smiles politely, and instead of shaking my hand, takes it to his lips and kisses it. I take my hand back very quickly, as if I was burnt by the contact of his lips, and his eyes come back to my face.
“As you said, Miss Collomb, we’ll see.”
And he’s gone.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining. Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining.   Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining. EmptySam Nov 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Suspense again... Will she go? What is hidding his father?

How did he know he is in Glasgow ?????
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Fragment #75 - You thought it was the end, but it's only the begining.
Page 1 sur 1