The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyJeu Oct 16, 2008 1:09 am

Thursday, October 16th 2008
in Dakar

The scene from the shop yesterday is still in my head. I can’t believe the calm of this guy in the situation. And the other one looked really chocked. I know I shouldn’t get involved but I can’t help feeling like I should do something. And that thing he said about that painting… After a long pause I spend thinking, I grab my bag, and get out. I bump into Steve who’s coming back from the pool.
“Hey hon. Where are you going?”
“I… I’m going back to the shop. I want to see if the guy is back.”
“Wait, I’m coming with you.”
“Ok, I’ll be waiting for you at the bar.”

We reach the garage door, and I knock three or four times. We are welcomed by the guy of the sofa.
“Hello- enfin, bonjour, vous parlez français c'est ça ?”
“Euh, oui, si vous préférez... Avez-vous des nouvelles du propriétaire?” I know Steve is going to get lost but I can’t stop every two seconds to translate.
“Je suis allé chez les flics tout à l'heure oui, ils m'ont dit que ce type là, M. Abou, c'est un grand collectionneur d'objets d'art. Le truc c'est que mon père -le propriétaire- nie tout en bloc. Et je pense pas que ce soit son genre de voler, même si on pourrait lui reprocher des tas d'autres choses. J'ai comme l'impression que le gars qui l'accuse fait tout pour se débarrasser de lui, vous voyez.” He looks quite confused. He adds: “Bref, je sais pas quoi faire.”
I feel sorry for him. I can feel his despair, and at the same time, there’s something else, as if he didn’t really know what he was doing there.
“Je vois. De quelle nationalité est votre père? Je connais quelques personnes à Dakar, je peux peut-être l'aider...”
He looks so confused and lost. I realise I started at the wrong end.
“Je suis impardonnable. Je me présente, Charlie Collomb.”
“Louis Malvo,” he shakes my hand. “Vous venez de France ?”
“Non, je vis en Ecosse, mais j'ai vécu en France pendant un temps. Vous habitez ici?” I ask.
“Oui, enfin non, momentanément, je suis de Dijon, en Bourgogne. Je suis là pour donner un coup de main à mon père, et comme vous pouvez le voir, je m'en sors pas avec brio.” Again, his lost look…
“Oh, mais ce n'est pas de votre faute. Savez-vous si votre père a un avocat? En l'occurrence, ça pourrait lui servir...” In my head, I’m going through all my father’s friends. Who can help ?
“Je doute que ce soit son genre, et moi-même, j'y connais pas grand chose...”
I don’t really want to force him to accept my help…
“Ecoutez, je comprendrais si vous préféreriez que je m'en aille, mais si vous voulez, je peux vous aider.”
“Vous pouvez m'aider ?”
“Mon père est diplomate et il a beaucoup de contacts de par le monde. Et il se trouve que je connais certains de ces contacts ici, à Dakar, dont Madame Delancourt, qui travaille à l'ambassade de France...” I feel a bit embarrassed now, to brag about Dad’s connections…
“Vous pourriez tirer mon père de ce mauvais pas ?...” I think I can hear hope in his voice.
“Je ne peux rien garantir, mais je peux essayer...” I look quickly at Steve who went wandering again in between the tables. Focus, Charlie! “Laissez-moi aller parler à Madame Delancourt. La première étape est de trouver un bon avocat pour votre père.”
“Je peux pas vous laisser gâcher vos vacances pour ça mademoiselle.”
“Il ne s'agit pas de ça, s'il vous plaît. Comment profiter de mes vacances si je sais qu'un de mes compatriotes est en prison, innocent ou coupable.” I smile, the first time since I’ve got here.
“Vous êtes bien gentille, Charlie.”
I blush a little, not really knowing why. “Non, j'essaye juste d'aider.”

[cf. Louis #25]

Dernière édition par Alhena le Sam Oct 25, 2008 3:04 am, édité 2 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Altaïr
Ink Star
Altaïr

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyJeu Oct 16, 2008 1:14 am

Sweet girl Smile
http://arthurvauthier.com/
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyJeu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 am

Hum very interesting. Though, how our english only speaking readers are meant to understand this all...

She's got such a big heart...

And she is getting involved in this, these holidays are really exciting
bounce
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyJeu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am

Yeah, I thought about that... I think I'm going to use Steve as a fictional excse to translate the main bits...
Altaïr
Ink Star
Altaïr

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyJeu Oct 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Yes, that's wise Smile
http://arthurvauthier.com/
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy EmptyVen Oct 17, 2008 2:10 pm

It looks like it's necessary, you can't let so much ununderstood information... But I don't know yet how you should procede with the translation. Using Steve sounds appropriate indeed. Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy   Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy Empty

Fragment #58 - Meeting with the Sofa guy
Page 1 sur 1