The Ink Stars
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Beta Centauri

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Fragment #24 - You are a winner!

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Polaris
Ink Star
Polaris

Fragment #24 - You are a winner! Empty
MessageSujet: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 6:26 am

Tuesday 09th September 2008
In Glasgow

I'm reading a letter, it's quite interesting. More so than the previous three which all told me important things like; “You are a winner!” “You owe us thousands of pounds.” and my personal favourite; “Legal action will be taken.”
This letter however states that I have a job opportunity. No reader, not an underpaying hand-to-mouth freelance deal but a real job. They want me to be the features editor of some small magazine that's being set up. Fools!
One of the benefits of doing features is that you just deal with random bullshit, you never have to give anyone any real bad news. No that joy is left to those who do current affairs. Although, in print, current affairs is the easiest job to do. Provided that you can stand writing about more or less the same depressing shit every day. The reason current affairs is so easy when you’re working for a paper is because everything that you report happened yesterday, a plum job if ever I've heard of one, all you have to do is watch the TV news and take some notes. Let those smug bastards at the BBC do all the work for you, it gives you more time for the cirrhosis of the liver you’ve been working on.
My phone is ringing.
“Hello?”
“Hey! Look, I'm going to have to cancel our date tonight at seven.”
“Oh.”
“Let's make it half past instead.” I breathe again. I should get used to her sense of humour.
“You had me there...”
No, she still has me.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.piratepress.co.uk
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 9:59 am

Ed fell in love.... so cute! I hope you decided to give him some happiness, I wouldn't like to see him desperate after those fragments...
Polaris
Ink Star
Polaris

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 10:29 am

True I think it's time to give the poor guy a break... then I'll hammer him.

Does anyone have any ideas about his girlfriend? I still don't really know much about her other than she has dark hair. Any ideas for names? I beg you guys, I'm really stuck. scratch
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 12:03 pm

I was thinking I would like to have a character named Angela, I find it a nice name.

What you are planning is even worse, giving him happiness to take it back afterwards... You're evil ^^
Polaris
Ink Star
Polaris

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Everyone says that I'm evil... The whole premise of Eds character is that he is miserable. And by shooting him down at some point (this could happen tomorrow or in a few years) I can make sure that he has contrast in his life so we can all enjoy his anger and melancholy.

Angela is one possibility. I need more names folks, I feel like choosing one suggestion at random. Although I did feel some mild temptation to ask you Mesarthim about Bénédicte... mostly out of desperation because I didn't really think the girlfriend storyline out too well. Embarassed
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMar Sep 09, 2008 10:07 pm

So no matter how, there will be desperation at some point... cool Twisted Evil

And I like your idea!! Bénédicte could link Amélie and Ed then...

And if you need more names, I was thinking about having a Shiobban, just because I found this name smashing when I had to read my first pupils lists... I just couldn't have guessed the pronunciation!
Polaris
Ink Star
Polaris

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMer Sep 10, 2008 1:54 pm

I'm sure that Shiobban is only spelt that way just to annoy people.
Mesarthim
Ink Star
Mesarthim

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyMer Sep 10, 2008 2:15 pm

Thank you ^^ After that I just wouldn't dare to call the register in the primaries, so afraid I would find some other tricky names...
Alhena
Ink Star
Alhena

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! EmptyJeu Sep 11, 2008 12:41 pm

So, in the end, Charlie is not going to have Ed in her team... I don't know if I'm relieved or desappointed Wink ...
Great frag by the way.
For the names: Grace? Kelly? Sian? Diana? Imogen? Whitney?
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Fragment #24 - You are a winner!   Fragment #24 - You are a winner! Empty

Fragment #24 - You are a winner!
Page 1 sur 1